This salad does not keep well, so make and serve it immediately. Prepare the dressing, mint and blueberries first. Then grate the apples and pears, toss them with remaining ingredients, and enjoy. The easiest way to make ginger juice is to grate fresh ginger, skin and all, on a box grater. Squeeze the pulp to render the juice and then discard the pulp.
- 1 apple
- 1 Bartlett pear
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced, fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- Juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, ginger juice, and agave nectar.
- Rinse blueberries and prepare mint.
- Using a box grater, grate the apple and pear. It’s okay to leave the skin on.
- Toss the grated apple and pear with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately, garnished with mint sprigs.
Source: Golden Door