Yield: about 4 cups
If I am using this for dip, I sprinkle it with chopped cilantro for color. This also makes a delicious, healthy spread for wraps and sandwiches.
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- In a food processor, combine the garbanzo beans, black beans, olive oil, garlic, tahini paste and lemon juice.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the water until the beans are blended and a smooth consistency is achieved. Add the cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper and blend again.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Add more water if it’s too thick.
Source: Los Angeles Times