Yield: 4 servings
If you “don’t like” Brussels sprouts, try this recipe. Sliced thin, the sprouts cook evenly, solving the problem often associated with Brussels sprouts – cooked on the outside and chewy on the inside. I toasted the walnuts to enhance their flavor. Prepared this way, you may actually like them!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional: toasted)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Shred the Brussels sprouts by removing the core and thinly slicing.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, nutmeg, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, until the Brussels sprouts are bright and slightly wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the walnuts and the cranberries and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Turn out into a serving bowl and serve warm.