Yield: 4 servings
This recipe is adapted from epicurious.com, one of my favorite recipe web sites. The cayenne makes for a nice kick, so don’t skip it. If you use canned beans for this, you will need 2 cans. Rinse and drain the beans first.
- 4 cups cooked Cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, onions and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, and cayenne.
- Pour dressing over beans and toss gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.