Yield: 4 servings
Purchase one orange for this recipe – use the juice for the brine and the zest for the crust. If you can’t find black cod, halibut makes a nice substitute.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- juice from one orange
- 4 black cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- zest from one orange
- cooking spray
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Combine water, salt, and fresh orange juice in a shallow dish. Add fish fillets and let stand for 15 minutes. Remove fillets from brine and pat dry with a paper towel. Discard brine.
- In a small bowl, whisk mustard and egg white to combine. Brush the top of the fillets with egg white mixture.
- Combine panko and orange zest. Press panko mixture evenly over the top of fillets. Place fillets on prepared pan and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Broil fillets for 3 minutes, or until brown. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Cooking Light