To make this really easy, buy a rotisserie chicken. Or, follow these directions on how to poach chicken. To serve this as an appetizer, chop the ingredients finely, place about 2 teaspoons of salad on top of crackers or cucumber slices, top with a dill sprig, and voila. To serve as a salad or on sandwiches, no need to chop ingredients as finely. Either way, it’s a hit.
- 1 pound cooked chicken, chopped
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped*
- Let chicken cool and then pick and chop the meat.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt with curry powder to taste. Stir in apricot jam.
- Toss in chopped onion, celery, cranberries, pistachios, and chicken. Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
* If you want to make this ahead of time and you are worried about the pistachios getting soft, just add them at the last minute.