This is the season for celebrating dark leafy greens. Packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals, they are some serious food. Kale, collards, chard, spinach, and mustard greens top my list. Before cooking with greens, fill a sink basin or large bowl with cold water and swish the greens around in it, then lift them from the water, leaving any sand and grit behind in the water. Repeat this process until the water is clear.
Here is a collection of recipes designed to inspire you to add more dark leafy goodness into your diet. Get on with it!
- Pasta with White Beans, Greens and Lemon
- Pork Cutlets with Butternut Squash, Chard and Walnuts
- Toasted Kale and Coconut Salad
- Savory Swiss Chard Tarts
- Pizza Pie
- Farro with White Beans and Chard
- Kale Salad with Apple and Spiced Pecans
Comments are closed.