Yield: 6 servings
On Wednesday nights, Chef Dean Rucker hosts a cooking class in the kitchen at Golden Door. This not-to-be-missed event offers guests an opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at the healthy, delicious fare coming out of the kitchen. As an intern, I got to assist the Chef with class and this recipe was featured. This is a delicious treat; you won’t miss the sugar. It’s easy, versatile, and made the cover of his new cookbook – enjoy!
- 3 pints blueberries
- 3 tablespoons apple juice from frozen concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- fresh blueberries and mint (optional for garnish)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Place in a shallow non-reactive dish (stainless steel or pyrex). Cover and place in freezer. Freeze until solid.
- Remove from freezer and allow to thaw slightly. Break up frozen berry mixture with a large spoon and place it in a food processor fitted with a blade. Process until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Occasionally scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Mixture will be the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh blueberries and a mint sprig.