Yield: 6 servings
This dessert is a great way to highlight seasonal summer fruit. The original recipe calls for creme fraiche, but I think plain yogurt is simple and delicious.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 6 firm but ripe nectarines, halved, pitted
- Whisk 1/2 cup honey, vinegar, and vanilla in small bowl. Whisk yogurt and remaining 2 tablespoons honey in medium bowl to blend. (Glaze and yogurt mixture can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately. Refrigerate yogurt mixture. Re-whisk both before using.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush nectarines generously with half of glaze. Grill until heated through, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes. Arrange 2 nectarine halves, cut side up, on each plate. Drizzle with remaining glaze. Spoon some yogurt mixture into center of each nectarine half and serve.