Yield: 4-6 servings
Haricot verts are thin French green beans. This recipe combines creamy white beans with crispy haricot verts and a tangy vinaigrette. Best served room temperature, make it ahead of time so the beans have some time to marinate. BTW – this shallot vinaigrette recipe stands on its own. I imagine it’s delicious on boiled red potatoes, grilled vegetables or mixed greens…yummy.
- 1 pound haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the haricots verts until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the beans in a colander and run some cold water over them to stop them from cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the shallots, garlic, mustard and both vinegars. Add a pinch of salt and let the vinaigrette stand for 10 minutes. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the beans in a medium bowl and add the haricots verts. Add the vinaigrette and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.