Yield: 4 servings (1/2 pear each)
The tangy Greek yogurt is a nice balance to the sweet roasted pears. The honey and walnuts just seal the deal on this tasty dessert.
- 1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 ripe but firm Bartlett pears, halved and cored
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Scatter thyme sprigs on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place pear halves, cut side down, on work surface. Starting 1/2 inch from stem and leaving pear half intact, cut each lengthwise into scant 1/3- to 1/2-inch-wide slices. Press pear gently to fan slices; place atop thyme sprigs.
- Drizzle pears with honey; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until pears are tender, about 15 minutes. Serve warm. Top each pear fan with a dollop of fat free Greek yogurt and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
Source for pears: www.epicurious.com