Yield: 4 servings
This is a slow cooker recipe – easy peasy! It’s delicious and goes well with couscous or brown rice. I used one lamb shank and it was enough to feed 2 of us for dinner with some left over. I simply added enough water to cover the lamb shank. It worked fine!
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, halved lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- chopped pistachios, fresh cilantro leaves, and lemon wedges, for serving
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the lamb, carrots, onion, apricots, olives, garlic, flour, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ½ cup water.
- Cover and cook until the lamb and vegetables are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- Serve the lamb over couscous or brown rice with the pistachios, cilantro, and lemon wedges.
Source: Real Simple