Yield: 12 mini frittatas
These frittatas will keep for a week in the refrigerator. They also freeze well. For best results, thaw them overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Feel free to substitute the peppers with other vegetables such as zucchini, mushrooms, or spinach.
- 3 ounces Canadian bacon, small dice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, small dice
- ½ yellow pepper, small dice
- 1 ½ cups crumbled fat free feta
- 12 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan thoroughly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bottom of each muffin cup, layer Canadian bacon, onions, vegetables, and cheese. Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full, with just enough room to pour egg around the other ingredients.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour egg into each muffin cup until about ¾ full. Stir each cup slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 25-25 minutes until frittatas have risen, are slightly brown, and set.