Yield: 6 servings
This tasty salad is a good source of fiber, protein, and whole grains. Enjoy it in good health!
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare bulgur by bringing 2 cups of water (or vegetable broth) to a boil. Add bulgur, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes before removing cover.
- In the meantime, mix remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add cooked bulgur. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Adapted from www.whfoods.org