Yield: 9 bars
These tasty little bars make for a simple, healthy snack. Substitute your favorite nuts and dried fruit for a variety of combinations.
- 1 cup raw or roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup golden raisins
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Add all ingredients, except honey, to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process into a coarse meal – leave some texture in tact – do not process until smooth.
- Add the honey and process just until mixture comes together.
- Press mixture into an 8×8 square pan. Refrigerate for about an hour and then cut into bars. (Alternatively, you can shape mixture into individual patty shapes.) Keep refrigerated.
This recipe adapted from The George Mateljan Foundation (www.whfoods.org)