Yield: 6-8 servings
This recipe feeds a crew. Even when I don’t have a crew to feed, I often make the whole recipe, because this makes for a delicious cold pasta salad.
- 8 cups tomato (about 5 large), chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomato, basil, garlic, and olives.
- Add pasta, feta and olive oil. Toss well and season to taste with salt and pepper.