YIELD: 16 pieces
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (one 17.3-ounce package), thawed, each sheet cut into 8 squares OR 1 recipe Quick Homemade Puff Pastry
- 1 large egg beaten to blend with 1 tablespoon water (for glaze)
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush top of each puff pastry square with egg glaze. Place 1 chocolate piece on edge of 1 pastry square. Roll up dough tightly, enclosing chocolate. Repeat with remaining pastry and chocolate. Place pastry rolls on baking sheet, seam side down.
- Brush tops of pastry rolls with remaining egg glaze. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake until pastries are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead up through Step 2. Cover pastries with plastic wrap and refrigerate them. Cover and refrigerate remaining egg glaze.