Yield: 4 servings
This salsa comes together easily and adds great flavor to grilled chops. If you buy your pork chops thick-cut, you will need to adjust the cooking time (aim to achieve an internal tempertaure of 150 degrees for medium).
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- Juice of one large lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare a hot, well-oiled grill.
- In a medium non-reactive mixing bowl, prepare the salsa by gently combining the pineapple, ginger, sesame oil, Tabasco sauce, lime juice, mint, and cilantro.
- When grill is hot and oiled, season pork chops generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, with the lid on, flipping only once. Remove and place the chops on a platter. Spoon the salsa over the chops and serve.
Adapted from NY Times Magazine