Yield: 4-6 servings
When cooking the shallots, use a pan without a non-stick surface, otherwise the shallots will not caramelize.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 2 large)
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add shallots to pan, and cook for about 20 minutes or until shallots are golden, stirring occasionally.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add rosemary, salt, and pepper; beat until blended. Spoon into a bowl; top with shallots.
Adapted from: www.myrecipes.com