Yield: 4 servings
This is a great side salad for chicken or fish, or toss in some shrimp, and call it a complete meal.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound soba noodles, cooked until tender (sub: whole wheat spaghetti or udon noodles)
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, and sesame oil. To the noodles, add green onions, carrots, cucumber, peanuts, cilantro, sesame seeds, and the soy sauce mixture and mix thoroughly.