Yield: 8 servings (as a side dish)
The flavors in this uncomplicated dish are bold and bright. It’s a lovely companion to fish or fowl. It’s also a nice way to use leftover rice.
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from 2 ears) or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup chopped fresh poblano chiles or green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced seeded yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup 1/2-inch cubes yellow zucchini
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Set aside. (Or, re-heat approximately 2 cups cooked rice.)
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and 3 tablespoons oil in small bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add corn, poblanos, yellow bell pepper, and zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are just tender, 6 to 7 minutes; scrape into large bowl. Add rice, avocado, green onions, cilantro, and dressing; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Adapted from epicurious.com