Yield: 4 servings
This is like comfort food. It’s great served as a lettuce wrap (and Paleo!). It’s also tasty served in big bowls over quinoa. Double it if you want any leftovers.
- 4 teaspoons grape oil, divided
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon KimKim Sauce, Sriracha, or some other hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for serving
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallots and saute for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and saute for 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Remove shallot mixture from the pan.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add the ground chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring to crumble, or until it begins browning.
- Add shallot mixture back to the pan. Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, and hot sauce to the pan. Stir to coat/combine.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in the pepper, basil leaves and lime juice. Season to taste. Serve garnished with lime wedges in lettuce wraps or over quinoa.
Adapted from Cooking Light