Yield: 4 servings
This salad is an unexpected and refreshing way to use nectarines, peaches, plums, and apricots. It’s also beautiful! And, I must say, a vinaigrette does not get more simple than this. If you prefer goat cheese, substitute it for the feta cheese. Honestly, any combination of stone fruit will do. I tossed blueberries into the mix for a splash of color and flavor – yummy!
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 4-6 cups mixed salad greens (arugula is also nice)
- 2 plums, sliced
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 2 apricots, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place sliced almonds on a baking sheet and toast them at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and almond oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss the mixed greens with the prepared vinaigrette.
- To serve the salad, divide the mixed greens among 4 plates. Top with sliced fruit and blueberries. Sprinkle with feta cheese and toasted almonds. Serve immediately.