Yield: 4-6 servings
I have subbed butternut squash for the sweet potato – pumpkin too! Roasting time depends on how large you cut your pieces of squash, so check frequently. Whatever you do, don’t skip the mint.
- 3/4 cup green lentils
- 2 cups sweet potato, small dice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 cups baby arugula
- Cook lentils in boiling salted water until tender but firm, about 20 minutes, or until soft but not squishy. Drain lentils and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place sweet potato in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, cumin, paprika, and sea salt. Arrange sweet potatoes in single layer on baking sheet; roast 20 minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lentils, sweet potatoes, mint, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Divide arugula among plates and top with sweet potato/lentil mixture to serve.