Yield: 4 servings
This dish is great for a weeknight – simple, saucy and delicious. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces udon or soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced cross-wise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 14-ounce can lite coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon each lime juice, reduced sodium soy sauce and fish sauce
- 1/2 cup each sliced green onions, cilantro leaves and basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or other hot sauce
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Bring a medium sauce pan of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 4 minutes until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and shallots and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken, curry paste and half the coconut milk.
- Stir well to combine and return to a boil for about 5 minutes to reduce and thicken. Stir in remaining coconut milk, agave nectar, lime juice, soy sauce and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the noodles, green onions, cilantro,basil and sriracha sauce to the wok/pan. Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt – may not be necessary.
- Place 1 cup of baby spinach into each of 4 shallow bowls. Top with chicken and noodles. Enjoy!
Adapted from Sunset Magazine