Yield: 6-8 servings
Sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin A, complex carbohydrates, and fiber – and they add fabulous color to any plate. This simply delicious dish lets their natural beauty and flavor shine.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh thyme leaves, plus 6 thyme sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss.
- Arranges potato slices on a heavy-weight rimmed baking sheet or in a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Place on top rack of oven and roast until tender and slightly browned, about 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with thyme sprigs.