- Please refrigerate any product purchased from our cold case that is not eaten immediately. Made fresh daily, our products are best enjoyed within 2-3 days of purchase, although the shelf life may be longer. Our “best by” dates are guidelines for optimum freshness.
- The safest way to freeze our broths, soups, stews and entrees is to transfer them to a freezer-safe container. Leave room for liquid contents to expand when frozen.
- Thaw frozen foods in the refrigerator, overnight.
- Not all items freeze well. For example, soups and stews made with potatoes and cheese do not freeze well. Eat them now!
- On the stovetop: place entrée items in a saucepan or skillet, covered, with their juices or a bit of broth or water. Gently steam over medium-low heat until the food is heated through. Sometimes soups thicken when refrigerated and then thin out a bit re-heated. You can always add water or broth to soup to achieve the desired thickness.
- In the oven: transfer items to an ovenproof container and cover it with foil. Place it in a pre-heated 325° oven for 30 – 40 minutes or until heated through.
- In the microwave: transfer item to a microwave-safe container. Microwaves vary, so use your best judgment.
Baked Goods / Ready to Bake Cookies and Scones
- Our baked goods contain no preservatives. We recommend eating them within 2 days of purchase, although they may have a longer shelf life given our high-quality ingredients.
- Store baked goods tightly wrapped, at room temperature. They may be warmed or re-heated in the oven at 325° for 5 – 10 minutes, depending on the item.
- If you purchased your baked good(s) from the refrigerated case, we recommend refrigerating any portion not eaten immediately. Enjoy it within 2-3 days of purchase.
- If you purchased ready to bake frozen cookies, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them from frozen in a 350° oven for 13-15 minutes, or until puffed and golden. For scones, follow the same procedure and bake them in a 350° oven for 18-19 minutes, or until puffed and golden. We bake our cookies and scones at 325° in a convection oven for 14 and 18 minutes respectively. Cooking times will vary based on your oven!
Dry Goods and Whole Grains
- Flours and whole grains are best stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Extend the shelf life of flours and whole grains by storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer (stored this way they will last up to 6 months beyond the sell by date printed on the package).