Yield: 4 servings
Leftover turkey never tasted so good! This salad is so satisfying it can serve as a main course for lunch. If you don’t have turkey, you may substitute chicken.
- 2 cups cooked wild rice or wild rice blend (prepare 2/3 cup dried rice according to package instructions)
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut into bite size cubes
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted*
- 5 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced thin, diagonally
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook rice. Set aside to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cooked rice with turkey, cranberries, toasted almonds, and scallions.
- Pour dressing over rice mixture and toss well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
* Toast slivered almonds on a baking sheet in a 300 degree oven for 5-7 minutes.