Yield: 4 servings
This salad is simple, refreshing, delicious – and sophisticated. It makes for a great great starter, or side dish for grilled meats. If you don’t have sea salt (it’s worth it – give it a try!), you can substitute kosher salt, or use 1/4 teaspoon table salt.
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 cups yellow heirloom tomato, chopped in large pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the watermelon and tomato chunks in a bowl and sprinkle with sea salt. Gently mix to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Toast the sliced almonds by placing them on a baking sheet in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Combine the feta cheese and mint with the watermelon mixture. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and serve immediately.