Yield: 4 1-cup servings
This light, velvety soup relies on fresh honeydew melon as a sweetener.
- 4 cups chopped fresh honeydew melon
- 1 avocado, skinned and pit removed
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Add more milk if mixture is too thick.
- Transfer pureed soup to a mixing bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Serve in chilled bowls.