Whenever I see celery in the refrigerator, I think Waldorf Salad. Crunchy, healthy and supremely flexible, it’s just what I needed for lunch today. There’s no recipe required, really. The ingredients and quantities are flexible. Combine salad ingredients in one bowl. Mix your dressing in another. Mix them to combine. I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 apple, chopped (substitute Asian pear or jicama)
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- toasted walnuts, chopped (substitute toasted pecans or macadamia nuts)
- dried cranberries (substitute dried cherries, raisins, dried mango, dried apricots)
- shredded coconut, if you have it
plain yogurt + honey to taste+ lemon juice to taste