Yield: 1 1/2 cups
The combination of fresh orange juice and rosemary backing the creamy texture of the beans is really tasty – and a little different. If you use canned beans for this, you will need 1 can. Rinse and drain them first. Serve this dip with crudités, crackers, or toasted pita. It also makes a nice spread for bread.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil (or to desired consistency)
- In a food processor, combine the beans, garlic, orange zest, orange juice, rosemary, salt and pepper. Pulse several times to combine.
- While running the processor, slowly add the olive oil until desired consistency is reached. The more olive oil you add, the thinner the dip will be. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and fresh orange juice.