Go ahead, make the whole recipe and freeze it. I portion it into ice-cube trays and then keep the frozen cubes in a plastic freezer bag.
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bunches cilantro (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place the pecans and garlic in a food processor and process until fine.
- Add the cilantro to the processor and process until fine, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the cheese, lime juice and salt, pulsing to incorporate.
- With the processor running, slowly add the oil to the bowl and process until smooth. If you want your pesto thinner, use a bit of water to thin it out (or more oil if you prefer).