Yield: 6 servings
Unlike most slow cooker recipes whch require some pre-cooking, all of these ingredients get mixed right into the pot and then set to stew. It’s too easy – and delicious. Serve with brown rice or your favorite whole grain of choice.
- 1/3 cup tomato paste (I use 1 5-ounce can)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 10)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin and 3/4 cup water. Add the onion and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Just before serving, add the yogurt to the chicken, along with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Serve over rice or other whole grain and garnish with sliced scallions.
Source: Real Simple