Yield: 4-6 servings
Make this delicious salad gluten-free by using kasha in place of the wheat berries.
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 1/2 cup fat-free feta cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced, seeded, cucumber
- 1 red (or yellow or orange) bell pepper, julienne
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/8 cup mint, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water to boil. Add a dash of salt and the wheat berries. Boil wheat berries (like pasta) for about 50 minutes, or until pleasantly chewy. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the wheat berries and toss to coat. Enjoy!