Yield: approx. 4 cups
This rosemary-infused syrup is fragrant and sweet. These peaches make a great topping for Cornmeal-Olive Oil Cake or ice cream.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds firm unpeeled ripe peaches (3 to 4), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water, honey and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, and simmer until thick and fragrant, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the peaches. Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Remove the rosemary sprigs. Serve the peaches with the syrup warm or at room temperature.
Source: adapted from www.foodnetwork.com, Emeril Lagasse, 2003