Yield: 4 mini loaves or 2 standard loaves
The orange zest, fresh orange juice and chopped fresh rosemary make this unlike any other zucchini bread you’ve tasted!
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of shredded zucchini
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary
- Zest of one orange (I used a navel orange)
- Juice from 1/2 of the orange
- 3 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of toasted pecans (or walnuts); chopped
- optional: additional toasted, chopped nuts for toppping
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your loaf pans and set them aside.
- To toast the pecans, place them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 8 minutes or until fragrant. Cool and chop.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Mix in the yogurt, oil, and sugar. Then mix in the shredded zucchini, rosemary, orange zest, and orange juice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and toasted nuts. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Once the batter is well combined divide it evenly among or between loaf pans. Optional: sprinkle the tops of the loaves with additional toasted, chopped nuts.
- Bake the mini loaves for about 35-40 minutes and the standard loaves for about one hour, until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the loaves from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes inside the loaf pan before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Adapted from www.food52.com