Yield: 4-6 servings
I cut this recipe in half and had plenty to feed 3 people for a first course. Toss the peeled/sliced ‘chokes with the fresh orange juice immediately so they don’t discolor. For a great primer on how to segment an orange for salad, click here.
- 1 orange, skin, pith, and segments removed (save juice)
- 1 pound sunchokes (Jerusalem artichokes)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, rough chop
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Segment the orange, capturing the orange juice in a medium bowl. Once all segments are removed, squeeze the pulp over the bowl to extract juice. Place segments into the bowl, along with the juice.
- Peel the sunchokes and slice them thinly into discs. Toss them immediately with orange segments and juice.
- Add walnuts, olive oil, vinegar, and mint to the bowl. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Portion baby spinach onto each salad plate. Top with sunchoke salad. Enjoy!