Yield: 4 Servings
I have been searching for ways to use all the radishes I’ve been getting from my Chubby Bunny Farm CSA. This salad is delicious, crunchy and unexpected. It could make a radish lover out of anyone. Ricotta salata is a cheese made from sheep’s milk that is salted and pressed. It is sort of like an Italian-style feta cheese.
SUGAR SNAP PEA SALAD WITH RADISHES, MINT AND RICOTTA SALATA
- 3/4 cup radishes, sliced thin
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, sliced into thirds
- 1 cup ricotta salata, crumbled
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss together the radishes, peas, ricotta, and mint.
- Using the side of a knife, make a paste of the garlic and salt. Transfer to a food processor or blender. Add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Blend until combined. Drizzle olive oil into vinegar mixture while blending. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Recipe adapted from the New York Times.