Yield: 7 cups
One of my favorite breakfasts for family and friends includes this homemade granola with plain yogurt, fresh fruit (think berries, nectarines, peaches) and honey. It’s sunshine in a bowl! This recipe has endless possibilities based on your preferences. Replace the agave nectar with honey or maple syrup. Try it with dried pineapple and shredded coconut. Add or exchange walnuts, pecans, or sunflowers seeds for the almonds. Happy breakfasting.
- 4 cups quick oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 cups dried fruit (raisins, dried cranberries, or dried cherries – your choice!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the agave nectar, olive oil, orange zest, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom until combined.
- Pour the oil mixture into the oat mixture and combine thoroughly. The mixture will be thick.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly on the prepared sheet pan. Bake for about 45 minutes, until golden. Give it a stir every 15 minutes or so.
- Turn the oven off, crack the oven door open, and leave the sheet pan of granola in the oven to cool.
- Add dried fruit and store in an air tight container.