Yield: 6 servings
This recipe replaces the mayo and sugar with vinegar and chili sauce – yum! Zesty and crunchy, it’s great as a side salad or topping for fish tacos. Enjoy!
Ingredients for vinaigrette:
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 3 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce (or other chili sauce)
- ½ cup olive oil
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together. Set aside.
Ingredients for salad:
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- ½ head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- Soak red onions in 1 cup red wine vinegar for 20 minutes. Discard vinegar.
- Toss red onions with salad ingredients and vinaigrette.
Adapted from food.com, Bakesale Betty Coleslaw