Yield: 8 servings
The curry, hot sauce, cashews and green onions blend to make this flavorful salad a nice twist on the usual fare! You won’t be disappointed.
- 2 pounds Red Bliss potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup plain (2% or fat-free) Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Madras or regular curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco or Sriracha)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Combine yogurt and next 3 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk.
- Place cooled potatoes in a large bowl. Add carrots, green onions, celery, cashews, and yogurt mixture; toss gently to combine. Serve chilled.
Adapted from Susan Russo, Cooking Light, June 2011