Yield: 2 servings
You can always grill more chicken and use it in another dish during the week, such as Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad. I recommend using a mandolin to slice the zucchini.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 lemons
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise into ribbons
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- red pepper flakes
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the chicken in a non-reactive dish and cover it with the juice of a lemon and 1/4 cup olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss chicken to coat.
- Once grill is ready, place the chicken over the coals and grill, covered, for 15-20 minutes, flipping the chicken about every 5 minutes. If the coals are too hot ( as evidenced by charring), move the chicken to a cooler part of the grill. Once cooked (juices will run clear), set chicken aside for 5 minutes before slicing diagonally into thin pieces.
- Over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saute pan. Add the zucchini ribbons and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Sautee the zucchini, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until just wilted. Add the corn, basil and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Heat mixture through, about 1 more minute.
- Divide and mound the zucchini mixture onto two plates. Placed the grilled, sliced chicken over the zucchini. Drizzle the plate with a mixture of equal parts lemon juice and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!