Yield: 2 1/2 cups
This recipe came from my sister, who uses basil fresh from her garden for this delightful dip. Enjoy!
Note: If you’ve already prepared pesto, simply puree it to taste with the low-fat cottage cheese, lemon juice, and salt.
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of a food processor outfitted with the metal blade, puree the basil, garlic, olive oil and nuts.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, lemon juice, and salt and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.