Yield: 8 servings
This is a great dish for entertaining. It is simple but elegant and really delicious. Use high quality, pastured beef. It makes all the difference! A vegetable peeler makes short work of the Parmesan shavings.
- 3 3-pound porterhouse steaks (each about 2 inches thick), room temp
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- olive oil, salt and pepper
- Prepare grill by brushing grate with oil and heating to medium-high heat.
- Rub steaks with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill steaks until brown and crusty, and thermometer inserted in the center registers to 125°F for medium-rare, turning every 5 minutes, for about 25 minutes total.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let them rest, covered in foil, for about 10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop about 2 cups of the arugula and set it aside.
- Arrange remaining arugula on a platter and sprinkle it with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cut meat away from the bone and slice it thinly. Arrange steak slices on top of the arugula. Sprinkle reserved chopped arugula and Parmesan shavings over the steak and serve.
Source: Bon Appetit