I had a bunch of “cuties” and wanted to feature them in a salad with Grilled Mahimahi. This delicious little salad delivered crunch, color and herb-y goodness! It was delicious the next day for breakfast, too. I recommend making it ahead of time and letting it sit for at least an hour at room temperature before serving. I chopped the clementine segments and jicama into similar bite-size pieces.
CLEMENTINE JICAMA SALAD
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 clementines, peeled, segmented and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound jicama, peeled and cut into large dice (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or mild feta cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted pepitas
- Whisk together the garlic, lime juice, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- Gently toss to combine the dressing with the clementines, jicama, onion, cilantro, cheese and pepitas. Season to taste with salt.
adapted from www.epicurious.com